This flavor-loaded dressing sure packs a punch. Making your own salad dressing from scratch is a great way to ensure that you aren’t eating rancid or unhealthy oils. Plus, let’s face it, the dressing is what makes the salad sing; the more you experiment with delicious dressings, the more likely you are to keep enjoying healthy salads on the regular!
Vinaigrette with Herbs & Spices
1 tbsp chives, chopped
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dry mustard
1 large clove garlic, minced
A pinch of cayenne
½ tsp coarse sea salt
Fresh ground black pepper
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp flaxseed oil
Directions: Put all ingredients into a container with a lid, such as a mason jar.
Shake! Pour over salad and enjoy.
- Panaseeda™ Flax Oil is made from 100% Perfectly Pressed™ organic flax seeds. It’s rich in omega fatty acids which can reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes and inflammation. It is useful for alleviating symptoms associated with immune disorders, as well as arthritis and psoriasis. It’s also great for your hair! Check out our recent post on how to get gorgeous hair using flax.
- Garlic is a distinctive-tasting herb that contains nutrients like vitamins A and B6 and manganese. Benefits of garlic include immune system support and support for blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Garlic also has great anti-inflammatory properties.
- Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid, which can help alleviate indigestion, normalize blood sugar and lower cholesterol. Apple cider vinegar also helps maintain a healthy pH level in the body, reducing overall acidity. Research has shown that higher acid levels can lead to a lack of energy and higher rates of infection.
- Parsley is rich vitamins such as C, B12, K and A. Keeping your immune system strong, strengthening your bones and soothing the nervous system, it’s also a diuretic, which is beneficial for kidney function.
- Chives are a rich source of vitamin K, which is important for long-term bone health, because it supports cells that prevent bone demineralization. Chives also help get rid of bacteria, yeast and fungi in your intestinal tract so that your digestive system can function at its best.
Stay tuned. There’s more goodness to come with Activation Recipes.