Make Popeye Jealous with this Savory Ginger Green Smoothie
Who says smoothies have to be fruity? Smoothies can be made of more than just fruit and yogurt and still be delicious and hearty. Try this green smoothie recipe and broaden your taste buds. This recipe is not just enticing, it’s also full of benefits and nutrition.
Savory Ginger Green Smoothie
1 dropperful Oceans Alive®
1 tsp Five Seed Blend
½ cup cucumber
1 cup spinach
1 cup plain organic yogurt
1 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
1-2 cups almond milk
a pinch of black pepper
Blend and Enjoy!
Some benefits of this delicious smoothie and its ingredients:
- Panaseeda™ Five Seed Blend is a fusion of five seed oils, including the soothing coriander seed, which are combined into one premium oil, with benefits like alleviating inflammation, improving muscle and skeletal health, as well as supporting red blood cell health.
- Oceans Alive® is full of minerals and nutrients, such as vitamins B6, B12, C and E, as well as zinc and riboflavin, and many more of the minerals and vitamins your body needs to function at its best! Oceans Alive® helps with your mental clarity, improves your digestion, increases your energy levels. It stabilizes your blood sugar and normalizes cholesterol.
- Spinach is an excellent source of vitamins B1, B2, B6, K, E, C, and A, manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, copper, calcium and potassium. It’s a good source of dietary fiber, phosphorus, zinc, protein and choline. In addition to these benefits it also works to improve blood glucose control in diabetics, lower blood pressure, improve bone health and lower the risk of developing asthma.
- Cucumbers are full of vitamins K, C and B, copper, potassium, and manganese, unique polyphenols and other compounds that may help reduce your risk of chronic diseases, relieve inflammation, as well as aid in digestion.
- Organic yogurt is rich in various vitamins and minerals, it’s a good source of easily digestible proteins and is beneficial for maintaining cholesterol levels in the body. It may help to prevent hypertension, while also boosting immunity. It’s good for improving the strength of bones and teeth. It aids in digestion and is valuable in skin care.
- Ginger is great for relieving digestive problems such as nausea, loss of appetite, motion sickness and pain.
- Almond milk is rich in calcium and vitamin D, keeping your skin and bones healthy. Also, it contains no saturated fat and is low in sodium, but it’s high in healthy fats which help prevent high blood pressure and heart disease.
Looking for a sweeter smoothie? Check out our triple berry kale smoothie here. Or maybe you’re looking to pair your savory smoothie with a yummy salad? We posted one of our faves, the poached egg and black cumin salad last week. Watch that video here.
Keep your eye on our blog for more recipes from Activation Europe in the coming weeks!