Sometimes to step up your salad game, you just need to get creative. This unique combination of flavors and textures certainly makes this salad an experience — one that’s not to be missed!
Quinoa and Black Beans with Arugula and Sesame
1 (19oz) can black beans (drained and rinsed well)
2 handfuls arugula
1 cup quinoa, cooked
1 cup cucumbers, diced
1 cup tomatoes, diced
½ tsp 5 seed blend
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp sesame oil
Himalayan salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
Directions: Combine beans and vegetables in a large bowl. In a mason jar, combine the 5 seed oil, sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Shake well and add to salad.
Toss and Enjoy!
A few benefits of this distinctly delightful salad and it’s ingredients:
- Panaseeda™ 5 Seed Oil Blend is a fusion of 5 seeds into one premium oil, with benefits like soothing inflammation, supporting muscle and skeletal development as well as supporting red blood cell health.
- Cucumbers are full of Vitamins K, C and B, copper, potassium and manganese, unique polyphenols and other compounds that may help reduce your risk of chronic diseases, relieve inflammation and stress as well as aid in digestion.
- Tomatoes are an excellent source of Vitamin C and other antioxidants which promote a healthy heart. They are also full of potassium which can reduce the risk of stroke and preserve bone density.
- Quinoa provides essential vitamins and minerals (Vitamin E, B Vitamins, Magnesium and Calcium) and fiber which help regulate the digestive system and assist with high blood pressure.
- Arugula contains high nitrate levels which have been shown to lower blood pressure, it is also full of antioxidants that can improve calcium absorption, increase energy and promote a healthy complexion.
- Black Beans have high fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin B6 and phytonutrient content, which all support heart health. The fiber in black beans helps lower the total amount of cholesterol in the blood and decrease the risk of heart disease.
Did you see our ‘Popeye’ Smoothie? Check it out here! Keep your eye on our blog for more recipes from Activation Europe in the coming weeks. We have plenty more coming your way!