This delicious ‘piefait’ is a simple recipe for two that is quick and easy to make. Plus, it’s healthy enough to justify on a weeknight.
Maybe you’re skipping the big family Thanksgiving this year but you still want something special. Maybe you’re trying to eat healthy but you know you still deserve a little dessert. Or maybe it’s just Thursday.
This recipe is for you.
- 1 cup organic pumpkin purée
- 4 oz cream cheese (115 g)
- ½ tsp Five Seed Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 packets stevia extract powder
- 4 graham crackers (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
Crush the graham crackers and place them in the bottom of two small jars or parfait glasses.
Using a stand mixer, beat together cream cheese, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and stevia until creamy and smooth. Spoon on top of the crumbs.
You can chill it in the fridge at this point if you want, though it will still be yummy even if you don’t.
Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Top with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon before serving.
It might be dessert but that doesn’t mean it can’t be good for you too:
- Pumpkin is high in fiber, vitamins and minerals and low in calories, making it a great option for anyone wanting to lose weight. It’s also high in antioxidants that neutralize free radicals and prevent damage from oxidative stress. Pumpkin is great for your heart and can settle an upset stomach. While not exactly glamorous, it is a superfood that is especially known for its eye-health benefits.
- Cream cheese is high in protein and, as long as you choose a high-quality brand, it can have benefits for your heart and your bones and it’s a good source of vitamins and minerals.
- Panaseeda™ Five Seed Blend is a fusion of 5 seeds in one premium oil. With benefits like soothing inflammation, supporting muscular and skeletal development as well as supporting red blood cell health, you can’t go wrong.
- Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants that help to battle oxidative stress and enhance your immune system. Its anti-inflammatory properties work to ward off diseases and reduce pain. It’s also great for your heart, brain and for preventing or helping to treat diabetes.
- Nutmeg’s fiber content makes it great for digestive health, but it is also useful for stimulating liver and kidney detoxification processes. It has benefits for the brain like improved cognitive function and memory retention. Nutmeg is great for balancing your blood pressure levels and encouraging healthy blood circulation.
- Stevia is a natural sugar substitute. It’s made from a plant, not synthesized in a lab and it won’t raise your blood sugar levels (unlike other zero calorie sweeteners). A word of caution: if you are on blood pressure-reducing drugs you should not use stevia as it can cause low blood pressure. Be sure that you are getting green leaf stevia or stevia extract, not a stevia-based (chemically processed) sweetener. For the most benefits stick with green leaf stevia.