Maple syrup isn’t just for pancakes! This delectable ingredient can be added to many recipes for added flavor. Be sure to use real maple syrup, not table syrup. It tastes way better and has nutritional value, which table syrup does not. This wholesome and mouth-watering salad is sure to broaden your maple horizons. You can even experiment with other fruits, cheeses and nuts for more variety.
Maple Balsamic Salad
1 tbsp flaxseed oil
1 tsp pure maple syrup
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
fresh ground black pepper
4 handfuls mixed greens
goat cheese, crumbled
1 anjou pear, chopped or sliced
Directions: Combine flaxseed oil, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and pepper. Shake well in a mason jar and pour over mixed greens. Sprinkle with goat cheese, pear and walnuts.
Toss and Enjoy!
Some benefits of this flavor-packed salad:
- Panaseeda™ Flaxseed Oil contains 100% Perfectly Pressed™ flax seeds, it is rich in omega fatty acids which can reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes and inflammation. It is effective at alleviating symptoms associated with immune disorders, as well as arthritis and psoriasis.
- Walnuts are rich in vitamin B6, which strengthens your immune system and supports nerve health, and copper, which promotes heart health and supports bone growth, as well as nerve and immune system function. They are also rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Pears are a very good source of fiber, vitamins B2, C and E, as well as copper and potassium. Pears assist with weight loss, hypertension and heart health, as well as offering immune system support.
- Mixed greens contain high levels of vitamin K, which helps keep bones strong, vitamin A, which assists in maintaining good eyesight, calcium and antioxidants that promote heart health and lower cholesterol and prevent the buildup of plaque.
- Goat cheese is a source of calcium, protein, vitamin A, vitamin K, phosphorus, niacin and thiamin. These nutrients support bone health, eyesight and heart health, and they help lower cholesterol.